Saturday, September 18, 2010

German print media reviewed

It says that 78% of Germans read the newspaper. Which is more than in the United States.  At first glance at one of the newspapers I soon realized one major difference.  In America are newspapers are boring and really conservative.  But when I glanced at the first newspaper I saw pictures of a guy giving the middle finder, people drinking beer, and more sexualized images.  This is not what you would expect from an American Newspaper.  I also noticed that most of the newspapers are offered in the U.S. as well. I also seen that there is many magazines that we have in the U.S. as well. Examples include: Cosmopolitan, Living at Home, Elle and Readers Digest. Also some of the newspaper run daily and some weekly.  In the U.S. the newspaper runs daily. Its very interesting looking at the difference in German and American printed media.

No comments:

Post a Comment